This policy was last modified on May 15th, 2018
We are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
- When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ we are referring to Obo Design.
The type of personal information we sometimes collect
- We sometimes collect certain personal information about our clients and the users of our website.
- The most common types of information we collect include: contact details, email addresses, IP addresses, questionnaire responses, content you send us for website creation and web analytics data.
How we collect personal information
- We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us via questionnaire or contact form submission and automatically when certain web analytics is recorded as you navigate through our website.
How we use personal information
We will use your personal information:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing the development of your website.
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- operating your website;
- providing you with services for your website;
- verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our services;
- responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- updating you with operational news and information about your website and our services e.g. to notify you about changes to your website, disruptions or software updates;
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve our website and the services we provide;
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us via our website.
- managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
- improving our products and services.
- Where you give us consent:
- providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you.
- For purposes which are required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
When we disclose your personal information
- We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- Service providers and authors of any items or services made available to you, so they can facilitate support and license validation. In particular: website hosting providers, technical and customer support services, marketing and analytics services, security and fraud prevention services, subscription management services and payment processing services which are based in the UK, EU and North America.
- our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, etc.) which are located in the UK.
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase;
- a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
- a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
- a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
- other recipients where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
Where we transfer and/or store your personal information
- We are based in the UK so your data will be processed in the UK. Some of the recipients we have described in section 12 above, and to whom we disclose your personal information, are based outside the UK. We do this on the basis of your consent to this policy. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
How we keep your personal information secure
- Your personal information is stored on secure servers that are managed by our service providers. Personal information that is stored or transmitted is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption where appropriate.
How you can access your personal information
- You have the right to make a request to access the personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. You can also close the account you have with us at any time. To make an access or correction request, contact us using the contact details at the end of this policy.
Choices regarding your personal information
- Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have requested to receive offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
- You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our website may not work properly in your case.
Cookies and web analytics
- When you visit our website, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous and does not reveal your identity. This could include:
- your IP address or proxy server IP address;
- the domain name you requested;
- the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- the length of your session;
- the pages which you have accessed;
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
- the website which referred you to our website; and
- the operating system which your computer uses.
Information about children
- Our website is not suitable for children under the age of 16 years, so if you are under 16 we ask that you do not use our website or give us your personal information. It’s the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of our website.
How long we keep your personal information
When we need to update this policy
- We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
- Policy changes will apply only to information collected after the date of the change.
What are Cookies
- Cookies are a small data file sent from a server to your web browser or mobile device that is stored on your browser cache or mobile device. There are ways you can control your cookies preferences and set whether you want to accept or reject cookies (see what your options are below).
What are they for?
- To allow our website to function correctly.
- To understand how our website is functioning and to make improvements in performance and our services.
- To enhance your experience on our website and provide functionality.
- To gather relevant data that helps us understand how our website is being used.
- You can change your web browser’s settings to reflect your cookie preferences.
How you can contact us